Join GlobalBizzNetwork and start your international business network today.
The Maldives is one of the most attractive investment places among the south-east Asian countries. The Maldives takes an outstanding place, due to its exotic nature and its natural beauty. The country is still considered to be developing and offers very attractive opportunities for the keen investor.
The pearls of the Indian Ocean, as it is popularly known, are situated in the South West of Sri Lanka, on the equator. The numerous coral reef islands, 1,190 in total , form an archipelago of 26 major atolls ( groups of neighbouring coral islands).
The country stretches 820 km north to south and 120 km east to west. Out of the incredibly large number of islands only 200 islands are inhabited, with 44 islands adapted as exclusive resort islands. The climate is generally warm and humid. Sun shines all year through with average temperature around 29 – 32 degrees Celsius.
The number of foreigners investing in the Maldives Islands has been rapidly increasing over the past few years. Services provided through such investments include resort management, sea and air transportation, accounting and management and manufacturing.
Potential investment opportunities for the keen investor to tap in are:
- Tourism industry: e.g. development of exotic holiday resort islands
- Property development in the capital Male’ and nearby islands
- Air and sea transportation
- Marine based industries such as fish processing, aquaculture and marine culture
- Infrastructure development
- Buy out shares in existing businesses
- Participate as an investor in a new company